Swipe Up Campaign Setup
Learn best practices for setting up your swipe up campaign.
Setting Up Your Campaign
1. Build your campaign
Choose Swipe Ups as your objective, select start date, daily spend cap, and/or lifetime spend cap.
2. Build your ad sets
Choose Single Image or Video Ad as your ad format, select your audience, and input delivery options including ad set budget, goal, and bid. Enable the Snap Pixel to measure the cross-device impact of campaigns.
3. Build your ad
Design your ad by adding your brand messaging, uploading creative, choosing your call to action, and publishing.
Allocating Your Budget
Below is an overview of how you should allocate your advertising budget when setting up swipe up campaigns.
- 25% - Test: Use 25% of your budget testing out different audiences, bids, and ad creative.
- 35% - Optimize: Dedicate 35% of your budget to making changes and optimizations based upon the findings from your testing phase.
- 40% - Scale: Scale up using the remaining 40% of your budget on what works from your testing and optimization phase.
Creating Ad Sets
Create different ad sets to segment your audience using the categories below.
Ad Set 1: Lifestyle Segments
Snap Lifestyle Categories consist of over 100+ interest categories like parenting, political news, music festivals, and more based on signals like which content Snapchatters watch on our platform. Use the Snapchatter Lifestyle Segments most relevant to your campaigns.
Ad Set 2: Lookalike Audiences
Create Lookalike Audiences using your Ad Engagement Audience or your SAM Audience. Select ‘Balanced’ when creating your Lookalike Audience to reach an audience that balances resemblance and reach.
Ad Set 3: Ad Engagement Audiences
An Ad Engagement Audience reaches Snapchatters who have previously engaged with your ads.
Selecting Your Placement and Bid
- Optimize for purchases: When configuring your campaign, select auto-placement to optimize your campaign for purchases.
- Target cost: When configuring your bid, set your target cost as 2X your goal CPA (cost per action).
Creative Best Practices
- We recommend using three or more short videos or static images for your creative to drive conversions.
- Videos should each be 6-12 seconds in length.