Supporting local businesses is more important than ever, and Snapchatters agree. In fact, Snapchatters are 34% more likely than non-Snapchatters to buy from brands that support their local community.1 This is why Snapchat has created a new advertising goal within Ads Manager, Promote Local Place, designed specifically for brick and mortar advertising. Now, local businesses can reach nearby Snapchatters and drive them directly to your business.
In addition to increasing foot traffic with Promote Local Place, Snapchat has updated the Snap Map with Places so brick and mortar businesses can appear alongside Snapchatters’ friends, giving local businesses their first organic presence on Snapchat.
Currently, there are over 33 million Places appearing on the Snap Map, each one complete with a Place Listing that includes helpful business details such as location, hours, website, price category, reviews, and more. Snapchatters can tap on your Place Listing to review all business details as well as get directions, call your physical business, and if the business is a restaurant, make a reservation and order takeout or delivery.
Want to advertise your local business with Promote Local Place? Here’s how you can get started:
Step 1: Find and review your local business details
- Log into Ads Manager and click Instant Create.
- Choose ‘Promote Local Place’ as your advertising goal.
- Search for your business and review your pre-populated business details. Any manual modifications made to these details will be subject to additional review to ensure accuracy. Please note: Only businesses with a physical location currently in our Maps database will appear in this search. If you don’t see your business on the Map, we’ll be unable to add it at this time. More locations will be added as this feature grows.
- Input your website URL so Snapchat can automatically import images from your site. No website? No problem! You can also upload a creative asset on the next screen.
- Once you have ensured all the details are accurate, press next.
Step 2: Design your local ad
- Select the asset you’d like to use from your website or computer. Please note: if you’ve advertised with Snapchat before, the ability to select from your Creative Library will appear here as well.
- Input a headline, such as “We’re open!”
- Choose from one of the provided ad templates.
- If you’d like, this is also where you can include an optional caption or logo.
- Once you’re happy with your design, hit next!
Step 3: Reach nearby customers with location-based targeting
- With our location-based targeting capabilities, you can set the radius around your business so nearby Snapchatters can see your ad. How wide you should make your radius is dependent on your city or town. You can widen or narrow the radius with a sliding bar, or simply input the miles. Pay attention to the Audience Overview on the right side of the screen to see how your potential audience size changes as you determine the appropriate radius.
- Use Advanced Targeting to add in additional demographics, interests and custom audiences.
- Set your budget and duration by first determining when you’d like your campaign to start and end. Once you’ve selected your dates, input your budget, which can be as low as $5 per day!
- Lastly, input your preferred payment details.
- Press publish!
With Promote Local Place, Snapchat will deliver your ad to Snapchatters within your radius that are most likely to visit your business, and swiping up on your ad will lead a Snapchatter to your Place Listing. For a video tutorial on how to promote your local business on Snapchat, click here.
Select brick and mortar businesses are now eligible for up to $500 in Snapchat advertising credits.2 If you are a brick and mortar business, review your Place Listing and start driving meaningful traffic to your local business today!