Golden Rules for Holiday Ad Creative
We’re sharing our creative insights and best practices to help your business stand out and drive sales on Snapchat this holiday season.
Keep ads short and direct
Rarely do you need more than 10 seconds in an ad.
- Introduce the main benefit right from the first frame of your ad.
- Three to five second video ads are enough to drive action while not losing attention.
- Minimize the amount of text used on screen. If you need to include more text, you can use Snap Publisher to stack the copy to ensure quick readability.
Add sound to your creative
Don’t forget to use audio in your ads - 64% of Snapchat Ads are viewed with sound on.
- Use festive jingles or trending soundbites to make your ads feel more conversational and polished.
- Test different voice overs or your customers’ own voice to see what drives better swipe-up rates (SUR).
- Reuse audio used on your website or other marketing channels to make your product/service more memorable.
Focus on one message or product
If you have more than one message, build different creatives.
- Make your main text, visual and promotion all about one main message.
- Include images from your best selling products.
- Drive urgency with limited-time, limited-supplies, or Snap-exclusive offers.
Style ads like user-generated content
Some of the best performing ads look like a Snapchatter created and shared it.
- Film using a phone held in your hand vertically.
- Talk directly to a camera often focusing on the main product or message.
- Share excitement via the voice over and text overlays. Use holiday imagery where apt!
- Have text overlays to point to a call-to-action (CTA).
Encourage a call-to-action (CTA) to drive performance
Provide clear CTAs that encourage Snapchatters to swipe up and take action.
- Use text and voice over that reinforce a simple and easy call to action (“Swipe up to see designs now.” or “Swipe up to claim your offer.”). Link to the exact product page on your website or app, making it easier for your customers to buy from you.
- Check and resolve for mobile-readiness and enable preloading to help increase time spent on your website. Use our Preloading for Web View guide to implement best practices.