What are Dynamic Ads?
The benefits of Dynamic Ads
- Large return, low effort: Cutting out the time spent on manually creating ads means more time spent focusing on growing your business.
- Increased ad relevance: Simply sync a product catalog, select an audience for prospecting or re-engagement, and let Snap’s system deliver the ad in real-time. As changes to products occur (i.e. price or availability), the ads will adjust accordingly so you can run ‘always-on’ campaigns.
- Creative customization at scale: Take your product images to the next level by using one of our pre-designed creative templates, or customizing the two text fields in your ad to showcase a promotion, description, price and more. Snapchat’s templates showcase your products visually, making your ads look polished and native to the platform.
- Available globally: Dynamic Ads are now available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Norway, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland
- Cross-channel targeting: Dynamic Ads drive Snapchatters to your preferred destination to shop online - either website or mobile app.
- Location: Advertisers can include a location data in product catalogs, so whether you’re a Retailer, Auto Dealership, Hotel Chain, or Food Delivery service, your message or offer can be as relevant as possible wherever your customer is in the world.
How to create Dynamic Ads on Snapchat
- A Product Catalog: Dynamic Ads pull from your Product Catalog or Feed in real time. Upload your Product Catalog via manual ingestion or feed sync.
- The Snap Pixel: We require that the Snap Pixel be installed and that item_id is passed back on Page View, View Content, Add to Cart, and Purchase. This item_id must be unique and match the ID specification in your Product Catalog.
- A Mobile Measurement Partner (app advertisers only): We require that you work with one of Snap’s Mobile Measurement Partners for in-App tracking. The MMP must passback item_id or content_id within relevant events such as Install, Page View, View Content, Add to Cart and Purchase.
1. Upload a Product Catalog
2. Create Product Sets
3. Connect your event source
4. Check if your Pixel is ready
- Your pixel is ready: If we are receiving the necessary pixel events (View Content, Page View, Add Cart, Purchase) and are able to match item ids from these events to your catalog above 80%, your pixel is ready to go.
- Your pixel is ready but we have a low match rate: If we are receiving the necessary pixel events (View Content, Page View, Add Cart, Purchase) and are able to match item ids from these events to your catalog but only between 20-80%, your pixel is ready to go with a low match rate. Learn more about Dynamic Ads and pixel implementation best practices.
- Your pixel is not ready: If we are not receiving the necessary pixel events or are not able to match item ids from these events to your catalog (below 20%) your pixel is not ready. Learn more about troubleshooting your pixel.
5. Build Dynamic Ads
6. Build your ad set
- Prospecting: The Prospecting product audience allows you to reach a broader audience of relevant users, even if they haven’t visited your website. If you are targeting prospective customers, make sure your defined Product Set aligns with your target audience (i.e. women's shoes targeting women.)
- Retargeting: The Retargeting product audience targets users who have taken action on your site. There are currently two retargeting options available: users who viewed or added to cart but did not purchase within the last 1-30 days OR users who added to cart but did not purchase within the last 1-30 days. The retargeting windows are flexible!
7. Create your ad
- Input the name, brand name, and headline that will show on the top corner of your ad. Select the template in which you would like your creative displayed.
Select the template fields you would like displayed on your ad. These fields are pulled in directly from your catalog.
Optionally, you can select a background color, upload an image overlay (i.e. logo or add a frame!
In Q3, we started out testing Snap’s latest capabilities around Dynamic Ads. Having used Catalogs to manually create ads in the past, we were excited by the prospect of automating this process end-to-end. Although it’s early, we’re seeing very promising results -- our Dynamic Ads campaigns are driving a 66% decrease in Cost Per Purchase and a 286% increase in ROAS compared to our 2019 re-engagement Initiative running simultaneously.