The Gameplan For A Profitable Season
Many advertisers are late to the game and only run conversion campaigns around key moments - when the auction is highly competitive. Bring qualified customers to your website now - when the competition is low.
Lead with offers
Offers should be clear and simple. Consider these rules for the offer to attract new potential customers:
- Make them easily memorable (e.g. SNAP50).
- If possible, include product bundles (e.g. “Buy hat + scarf and get 30% OFF).
- Make them worthwhile. Shoppers expect higher discounts during Holidays.
- If you can’t discount, consider free gifts, or free shipping.
Bring new people to your business
Make potential customers more familiar with your business, in order to target them later. This will help you drive higher conversions.
- Use Snap Audience Match to match data from your customer lists (email, mobile advertiser ID, or phone number) with our community.
- Now, you can run Drive Traffic to Website campaigns and test different audience types.
- Audience A: Purchasers lookalike
- Audience B: Broad age and gender
- (optional) Audience C: Relevant lifestyle category
- Use Automated Matching to simplify re-targeting customers based on information on your website.
- This is a special feature only available to a select ad account, including yours.
Configure your campaigns well
Consider these best practices on campaign setup:
- Use auto-bid to help your ads win more auctions and drive consistent results
- Bid on swipes to drive engagement from a wide audience who you can retarget later in conversion campaigns.
- Choose auto-placement to serve ads most effectively in your target audience.
Decide your budget allocations
Thinking through your budget allocations will help you drive the most effective holiday sales ads:
- Reach customers beyond key shopping moments where competition is high.
- Consider a three-way split for your budget this holiday season.
- Note: 55% of Snapchatters interested in retail start shopping before mid-November.1